Store bought short crust pastry (freezer section)
125g of sultanas
125g dried apricots
50g blanched almonds (chopped)
350g of dessert apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
100g candied peel (you buy it in little pots from supermarket)
1 tsp mixed spice
0.5 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
0.5 tsp ground ginger
175g soft brown sugar
4 tbsp brandy
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Put the sultanas, dates, apricots and raisins into a magi mix and blend briefly.
- Put into a large mixing bowl with the candied peel, chopped apples, suet, almonds, sugar, currants, mixed spice and the lemon zest and juice.
- Mix it all up, cover it and leave it over night.
- Stir in the brandy.
- Put the mixture into jars and store them for a couple of weeks.
- Flour the work surface and roll out your pastry
- Cut out rough circles in your pastry a little not bigger than the holes in your muffin tray (you can use cutters but i like to just cut it out myself…i like the way they look )
- put some grease proof paper in every hole and place half of the pastry circles in the tins and add about a tbsp of mince meat in each
- wet your finger and run around the edges of the pastry before placing the circles over your mincemeat and pinching around the edges….Does it look like a little pie? Yay!
- Make a couple of little slits in the lids for steam to get out
- Brush the top with egg wash (a beaten egg)
- Chuck in the over for 15 mins!